Hi Artists in Blogland! Jessica here with "Color This Quote - July!" Here's this month's quote:
"The sun is shining...That is the Magic. The flowers are growing--the roots are stirring. That is the Magic. Being alive is the Magic--being strong is the Magic. The Magic is in me--the Magic is in me. ...It's in every one of us." The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgeson Burnett
I know this is a long quote - so feel free to use it all, or any part of it, or just be inspired by it. When do you feel your magic?
Last month's quote challenge ("May there be peace and prosperity within your walls." Psalms 122.7) resulted in lots of thoughtful entries about the meaning of walls. Here are two examples, randomly picked!
Deborah Weber interpreted "walls" to mean the boundaries of her body in creating this intriguing triptych:
Congratulations to everyone for making such beautiful art in response to June's quote!
And now on to July. Here's the quote again from The Secret Garden:
"The sun is shining...That is the Magic. The flowers are growing--the roots are stirring. That is the Magic. Being alive is the Magic--being strong is the Magic. The Magic is in me--the Magic is in me. ...It's in every one of us."
Does this inspire you? I know it inspired me! Express yourself! Here's what you do:
- Grab the button and let people know you're participating!
- Link up your take on this quote in the Linky List below. It will be open until June 30, and sometime before July 1, the next quote will be revealed!
- Please link to a specific blog post or Flickr page, not your general URL.
- In your blog post, you MUST state how your work relates to this quote.
- A blog post that does not indicate how your work has a connection to the quote will be removed from the linky list, no matter how gorgeous it is. We're trying to relate to the quote; too many people have been linking up random posts!
- Visit 3 or more people who linked up, and leave loving words on their blogs or Flickr pages;
- Anything goes -- can't wait to see what you do with this quote.
- Have a great quote? Leave it in the comments section!