Hi Artists in Blogland! It's time for "Color This Quote - May!" (I know I'm a bit early, but I wanted to get it out there! And don't worry, you still have a few days to link up for April!)
Last month's quote challenge resulted in so many beautiful entries that had people really exploring who they were and who they are. Two that particularly spoke to me were by Kim Caine,
whose work spoke to unleashing the free spirit within:
and Bev Baird whose piece commemorated staying true to the vision she had of herself as a child.
And now on to May. Our quote this month was suggested by Corrine Gilman:
As I love to alter books, this quote really speaks to me."Every act of creation is first an act of destruction." Pablo Picasso
Does this inspire you? I know it did inspired me! Express yourself! Here's what you do:
- Grab the button and let people know you're participating!
- Link up your take on this quote in the Linky List below. It will be open until May 30, and on June 1 the next quote will be revealed!
- Please link to a specific blog post or Flickr page, not your general URL.
- In your blog post, please let us know how your work relates to this quote. Sometimes it's hard to tell! Work that doesn't have a connection to the quote will be removed from the linky list, no matter how gorgeous it is, as we're trying to relate to the quote.
- Visit 3 or more people who linked up, and leave loving words on their blogs or Flickr pages;
- Anything goes -- can't wait to see what you do with this quote.
- Have a great quote? Leave it in the comments section. I put all the suggestions on pieces of paper in a jar and let my daughter pick, so the more, the merrier.