Monday, April 29, 2013

Color This Quote - May Challenge

Hi Artists in Blogland!  It's time for "Color This Quote - May!"  (I know I'm a bit early, but I wanted to get it out there!  And don't worry, you still have a few days to link up for April!)

Last month's quote challenge resulted in so many beautiful entries that had people really exploring who they were and who they are.  Two that particularly spoke to me were by Kim Caine,
whose work spoke to unleashing the free spirit within:
http://funkycaine.blogspot.com/2013/04/back-to-it.html
and Bev Baird whose piece commemorated staying true to the vision she had of herself as a child.
http://bunnysgirl.blogspot.ca/2013/04/be-true-to-yourself-sol.html
Congratulations to everyone for making such beautiful art in response to April's quote!

And now on to May.  Our quote this month was suggested by Corrine Gilman:
"Every act of creation is first an act of destruction."  Pablo Picasso
As I love to alter books, this quote really speaks to me.

Does this inspire you?  I know it did inspired me!  Express yourself!  Here's what you do:
  • Grab the button and let people know you're participating!
  • Link up your take on this quote in the Linky List below.  It will be open until May 30, and on June 1 the next quote will be revealed!
  • Please link to a specific blog post or Flickr page, not your general URL.  
  • In your blog post, please let us know how your work relates to this quote.  Sometimes it's hard to tell! Work that doesn't have a connection to the quote will be removed from the linky list, no matter how gorgeous it is, as we're trying to relate to the quote.
  • Visit 3 or more people who linked up, and leave loving words on their blogs or Flickr pages;
  • Anything goes -- can't wait to see what you do with this quote.
  • Have a great quote?  Leave it in the comments section.  I put all the suggestions on pieces of paper in a jar and let my daughter pick, so the more, the merrier.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the "shout-Out", Jessica! I really needed that today :) Can't wait to get started on the new quote. Thank you, again, for a great challenge space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well gosh, guess I better get going on this one since I do LOVE that Picasso quote. Thanks for thinking of me and I have the perfect project to show - almost done. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so exciting, my first time participating, hope I can remember how to link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful challenge and I am in :)

    ReplyDelete